The LaBlast® Fitness certification is a one-day, 9-hour course (includes 1 hour lunch). The first hour (or however best fits into your studio space for the day) is a master class designed not only for the trainees, but also members and non-members (should you allow). The remainder of the day is spent learning the following:
- LaBlast® Philosophy, Teaching Approach, Coaching & Cueing Techniques
- Components of a LaBlast® Class
- Music: Definition, Selection, Application
- LaBlast® Instructor Foundation (LIF) Subscription Contents
- Showcase: Small Group Teach-backs
- (And most importantly) Learning the history and basic patterns to the different Ballroom, Latin and Club dances (Disco, Foxtrot, Quickstep, Salsa, Paso Doble, Jive, Lindy Hop, Rumba, Merengue, Viennese Waltz).
Maintaining the LIF subscription is our way of trusting that our instructors are staying current with new LaBlast® patterns and dances introduced by Louis each month, as well as continuously honing and improving their LaBlast® teaching skills through the expert knowledge provided by Louis.